Dec 24, 2009

It's Queen Bambi's Birthday!!!



On the day before ChrisMouse,
Not a creature was stirring, Well you know about the mouse.
The stockings were rolled in Mamma's bed to help keep her warm
In hopes that her kittens soon would be born.

Then we kittens were nestled all snug in soft warm fur,
While visions of our futures danced in our heads.
And Mamma in her little nest, and we newborns in her lap,
Had just settled our down for a long winter’s nap.

When out in the field there arose such a clatter,
Mama sprang from the nest to see what was the matter.
Her fur up in hackles, her eyes warned a flash,
She glanced around and put on her fierce guard.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen frost
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects nearby.
When, what to our wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
Mama told us it must be the Chris Mouse.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now ride to the new kittens so I can see them all!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You see my friends, it was the day of my birth and that of my dear siblings out there in the field.

I remember it well. Though there are those who think that not possible. I remember my Mama so warm and loving, protecting us from the cold. She worried day and night where we would get food, when a stranger came along and offered us some, and took us all home. It wasn't long before the shelter took us in and helped us find forever homes. We knew we couldn't stay together, but we were happy to go. We said our farewells and began our new lives.

I was adopted by a sweet girl who went to school. We celebrated my first birthday and ChrisMouse with a great deal of joy. I was happy to be growing up, and a short time later I had kittens of my own. Then, I understood the deep love of my Mama, and fierce protection she gave us. Soon it was time to say good bye to my little ones. I still miss them sometimes, but I know they have good forever homes.

Then the day came when my school girl had to say good bye to me, and for a while I lived with her kin. This made me angry and they gave me back to the shelter, where I was unhappy until I met Miss E, and she took me as I was, grouchy and all. At first I scratched her. It was hard to trust, after all. But, I met my hero, Ninja, the all black cat, who I liked right away. He knows I'm a Queen and is there for me whenever I need him. Then along came precious little Spyder. Oh my, what an odd looking kitten with his odd mismatched eyes. He's got all white fur, like mine, but for that little black Mohawk style on the top of his head. Did I mention his strange eyes, one yellow, one blue. I knew he was special right away. We bonded like Mama and kitten, and I protected him fierce. But now he's growing and taking care of himself.

It's been a year of downs and ups, and now I am so fortunate, and grateful. I don't feel angry anymore. I don't bite or scratch. I have a home with beds to sleep on, lots of food or catnip anytime I want, room to play with toy mousies, and Miss E to take care of me, and visits by the Monk, a real special human. Everyone respects me and loves me. What more could a young Queen want?

Now, it's my birthday, a very special day!!! Even Catster is honoring my birthday in their site!

I am two years old by human time, and 24 in cat time.

We're going to have a party to celebrate and my favorite, salmon pie!
Ninja is going to test the cake first to make sure it is safe to eat.

I wish you could all be here, too. I look forward to many more birthdays to come.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Yes, Virginia, there really is a Chris Mouse! 
You can read about him here!

3 comments:

Milo and Alfie, and our Mom said...

Happy Birthday sweet Bambi! We are so glad Miss E found yoo and gave yoo a forever home!

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Bambi said...

Thank you very kindly, Dear Friends. Ninja and Spyder gave me a wonderful birthday present!

Many pets and purrs to you.
Queen Bambi
HRH