May 15, 2010

Cosmo and Catrina, a Cat Love Story


I had heard that a local vet had a couple of 'rescues' and was lookin' for homes, so I went and checked it out. The first cat was a a bit older, a pretty, tiger-striped female. The vet said "Wait, let me get the other one" and disappeared around the corner. She returned, tightly holding onto Catrina, who looked like she just wanted THE HELL OUTTA THERE. Immediately I said "OOOO I'll take her!"

I took her home and as the vet suggested, put her in the bathroom for the evening, while I went to work (she was semi-wild, and had been 'trapped' on piece of property way out west). I didn't want to do that, but she was growling and hissing like crazy at me and I didn't want return home to a pile of cat fur, claw sheaths and bits and pieces of Cosmo.

I came home from work the following morning, walked into the bathroom and there she was crouched in the tub, still growling and hissing and generally freaking out.

I sat on the floor and tried talking to her, but all I got in response was 'GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'.

Then Cosmo pushed the door open, as I had not shut it tight. I saw her ears twitch when she heard it too. Then I saw her little pink nose twitching, sniffing away. She peeked over the side of her tub, saw Cosmo and it was cool to see how her whole demeanor changed.

She jumped out of the tub and walked over to Cosmo. They briefly sniffed each other, then she gave him that 'BOYFRIEND?!?!' head butt. She loved him RIGHT AWAY. She was then alright with me too.
Written by Guest Writer and Cat Lover, John Rahn

No comments: