Feb 16, 2010

Attention, Please!

                              
Every time that Miss E sits down at her computer, I know that I have her cornered.

This is the best time for me to come over to her for petting.

Sometimes she is an easy target. But, sometimes she is not.

Once she gets busy, she wont get up for a while. So, I just head over to the side of her chair and purr loudly so she will notice me.

If that doesn’t work, I meow at her in my most firm, Ninja voice.

If she cannot hear me, and this seems to be most of the time, I stand on my hind legs, pull on her belt, and poke her with my paw!

And again give a firm command.

Sometimes she is so focused that she still doesn’t notice, even if I use my mind-over-matter skills and penetrate her brain with thoughts of "pay attention to cat!"

Bambi thinks that is so impolite of me! But ya gotta do what ya gotta do in order to train a purrson properly. And I do want her attention! Sometimes I need to give her a karate chop.

If that doesn't work, I have resorted to what my ancestors would have done, and that is to bite her! Don't be shocked. Really, it is ever so gentle of a nudge with the sharp points of my teeth!

How could she possible ignore this technique? Usually by this time she picks me up and rewards me with the attention I deserve.

1 comment:

Milo and Alfie said...

Hmmmm ... this sounds like what Milo and Alfie do too! It must be a "cat" thing!!!!

Jan