Nov 19, 1989

Telephone Cat

Martin Wilcox called. His sister is the very same woman who adopted Mickey, my Birman cat, from me last year at this time. We had a nice talk, though Keli kept meowing at me trying to get my attention.

He thanked me for saving his life when he was so depressed. We met in a bookstore. Both of us looking at psychology books, and began a conversation. It wasn't long before I understood what he was contemplating. He wasn't concerned about himself. Thought he would leave his family better off. I didn't try to appeal to his emotions, but discussed all the legal issues with him, instead. It would leave his family penniless. Insurance wouldn't pay if he went through with what he was thinking.

Keli climbed up my pant legs when we were talking and sat on my lap purring the whole time.

I was glad to hear he was feeling better. He'd bought some of the books we talked about, plus got some help.

As soon as he hung up she jumped down. It's almost like she knew.  ...Odd!

No comments: