Aug 29, 1989

Flea Guilt

Tues Aug 29

Went to Osco and picked up very much needed supplies for house and cats. The Vet had pointed out how urgent it was when we took Magic to the vet for de-fleaing. He had a bad case. Then later went over to KK's to put ear mite medicine in Moonlight's ears and give her some stool softener.

This evening we de-fleaed Gypsy. I thought it too early after the birthing, but Vet insisted it is okay. Took her into the bathroom and powdered her three times over. She was very unhappy about it, as I had been bathing her kittens in the kitchen sink, and she was already upset about that.

I felt so sorry that we had to put her through this. But, they were just so INFESTED! It happened so fast, like overnight!

Beardsley, the gray one with the little white beard. He seems to have lost his umbilical cord in the bath. He bled. I feel so bad that I have brought this suffering upon them. It just breaks my heart.

No comments: