Until one has loved an animal, part of the soul remains unawakened

.
Until one has loved an animal, part of the soul remains unawakened

.

Happy Cat Lady

Happy Cat Lady

May 16, 2010

Feral Cat Visitor

We were all enjoying a quiet evening at home after a long day of intensive catnaps. Ninja and Spyder were in the other room watching TV on Miss E's bed.  I don't know why they enjoy the sports channel so much. Perhaps it's a mancat thing? Miss E says they look like a pair of salt and pepper shakers sitting side by side like that!



I was diligently grooming myself when our returning visitor snuck into the back patio. With all his visits he has swaggered and threatened and caused general mayhem. We, of course, have been civil in our driving him away, and even Spyder's brave attempts were quite sufficient to do the job. But Mr. Stranger, as I shall call him, was persistent in presenting himself.

It was very disturbing to encounter him thus. In fact, I was stunned by the sight of him! He looked quite pitiful. You can tell by my picture, I am sure, just how stunned I was.

I am quite aware of the roving character of these types of "natural" cats. After all, this is the life all our ancestors led. But, in this day and age, it just isn't practical or safe for any cat to have to live in the wild like Mr. Stranger has been doing. Our natural environment once would have protected us and guaranteed a somewhat normal life for our enjoyment. But it is no longer lush and fruitful with enough space for us to occupy in peace. Instead, those who live outside on their own, live a beggardly existence. And Mr. Stranger is living proof.

He stood with his head hanging down as he made low crooning sounds. I suppose he thought that a lady sitting alone in her tower by the window was one he could woo.  I daresay, I do not blame the mistaken fellow. After all, I am one fetching She-Cat, and lovely to behold. I know this because I have been told this by previous admirers before I came to live here. But, I remain true to the father of my kittens, whereever Tom may be. So any attempts by Mr. Stranger would never have been successful.

What disturbed me so much was the appearance of a nasty gash upon his once handsome tail, which he could barely hold up anymore. Poor fellow!

Miss E was peeking around the door and noticed it right away. She tried to coax him but he ran away, so she put a bowl of tuna and some water out for him.  I will keep watch and purr for him to return so he will feel safe here.

Intruder or not, he is injured and needs our care.

We can't invite him into our home. But we are going to get him some help as soon as possible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: 
the above photo of injured cat is a representation of Queen Bambi's blog posting and not the actual outdoor cat she is writing about.

How to trap a feral cat.

How to tell if your cat is in pain.

1 comment:

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Oh we do hope you can capture the feral cat and help him. It does sound like he has been badly injured in some way. How very sad.