Jan 28, 2009

Traveling with Music

.
.



.
.
I remember traveling in Elizabeth's old Ford Taurus station wagon across the country when she was returning to California back in 1995. She had been so homesick for the place, and drove like a maniac. She made the trip in record time.

I had never been there, as I was born in Indiana and didn't realize the necessity of going to California. I am not a nervous cat. I love riding in the car, as did my mother. Her name was Gypsy and she was pure black. How she gave birth to a calico like me, is a mystery of nature. So, anyway,I sat in the back of the station wagon, on top of all the tightly packed boxes and preferred whichever side of the car had the most sunlight. I LOVE the warmt yuo know!

They Many cars passed us by with their passengers, usually children, excitedly pointing, smiling and waving.had never seen a cat riding in a car, I guess. I never waved back, of course, or paid any attention to them at all. I didn't want their drivers to be distracted by my beauty. After all I am an unusually attractive Calico. Just go look at my photos and you will agree. I am sure.

My fur is just the right length, and my colors are brilliant. Plus, my markings are decidedly unique. I even have a heart shaped one! I truly wear my heart on my sleeve!

Varsha and Storm traveled with us. I so enjoyed listing to Varsha's singing that I left my perch in the back of the car to come up to the front and lay down on her lap, well, beside her, that is. Varsha is Miss E's niece, but I always think of her as my Auntie, so that would make Storm, my cousin. He is Miss E's Grand Nephew. Storm is all grown up now, but he was just a little boy when we were traveling across the country. I let him pet me. He was very good at it.
.
.

No comments: